Camp Good Grief 2020
Frequently Asked Questions
It is the priority of Trustbridge to safeguard the health and well-being of our patients and families at all times. After serious consideration, Trustbridge has made the decision to postpone Camp Good Grief and temporarily suspend all group bereavement counseling.
1. What are the dates for Camp Good Grief 2020?
Answer: Camp Good Grief 2020 will be held Friday, March 27, 2020 beginning at 12:00pm through
Sunday, March 29, 2020 at 1:00pm.
2. What is the location for Camp Good Grief 2020?
Answer: Camp Good Grief 2020 will be held at Tanah Keeta Scout Reservation at 8501 SE Boy
Scout Road, Tequesta, Florida 33469.
3. What are the times for Camp Good Grief 2020?
Answer: Friday 12:00pm through Sunday 1:00pm.
4. Are there any exceptions made to the drop off/pick up times?
Answer: As our goal is to provide a safe, secure and fun-filled camp for your child, we have sign
in/sign out measures in place to ensure this safety. There are no exceptions made to the drop
off/pick up times so that we can ensure the safety of all campers. PLEASE ARRIVE AT YOUR
DESIGNATED TRUSTBRIDGE OFFICE 10 MINUTES BEFORE YOUR SCHEDULED BUS PICK UP TIME.
5. Where can I obtain an application for Camp Good Grief 2020?
Answer: Call the Trustbridge Bereavement Department at 888 499 8393 to request an
application. The application can also be downloaded from the following websites:
Linked to website:
6. What is the deadline to submit a completed application for Camp Good Grief 2020?
Answer: The deadline is March 6, 2020. Any applications received after March 6, 2020 will be
added to our Waiting List.
7. Is there anything in particular I need to include in the Camp Good Grief 2020 application?
Answer: Please answer each application question fully so that we are completely informed and
able to assess your child’s needs. If an item does not apply to your child, please write “N/A” or
“does not apply.” Incomplete applications will be added to the Waiting List until they are
complete. *Please include a current photo of your child. Clearly identified photos may be emailed
to Kellie Kintz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. What are the age limits for children to apply to Camp Good Grief 2020?
Answer: We welcome children ages 8-17 years old by the date of Camp Good Grief 2020 to apply
to participate in Camp Good Grief 2020.
9. My child will be 8 years old soon (or just turned 18 years old, etc.). Can he/she apply for Camp Good Grief 2020?
Answer: As this camp’s focus is in meeting the specific developmental needs of this age group, we
will not make any exceptions to this age limit. We encourage parents to call
888-499-8393 for information on our other children’s bereavement programs.
10. Is transportation provided to and from Camp Good Grief 2020?
Answer: Bus transportation to and from Camp Good Grief 2020 will be provided from our Ft.
Lauderdale, Boynton Beach, West Palm Beach, Juno Beach and Belle Glade offices.
11. Do I need to pack food for my child while at Camp Good Grief 2020?
Answer: No, we will provide our campers lunch and dinner Friday, all meals and snacks Saturday
and breakfast and lunch on Sunday.
12. What else do I need to pack for Camp Good Grief 2020?
Answer: The full list of recommended/required supplies are on page number 4 of the Camp Good
Grief 2020 Take Home Reference Guide. *Please note: ALL CAMPERS MUST BRING THEIR OWN
BLANKET & PILLOW OR SLEEPING BAG & PILLOW. Campers who arrive at the bus drop off without these items will not be allowed to board the bus.
13. What are the qualifications of the Staff and volunteers who will be working with my child at Camp Good Grief 2020?
Answer: Trustbridge Bereavement Staff interacting with your child at Camp Good Grief 2020 are
all licensed mental health professionals, or master’s level clinicians working towards licensure. All
staff members have multiple years of experience working with adults and children who have
experienced the death of a loved one. All staff and volunteers have undergone a Level 2 State and
Federal Background Check. Volunteers receive formal training regarding death & dying and grief related issues as well as instruction on grief issues related to children.
14. I’d like to volunteer at Camp Good Grief 2020 while my kids are there. It sounds neat!
Answer: In order to encourage your child’s full participation in the camp, we are unable to allow
parents/family members of campers to Volunteer at camp. We do welcome your Volunteer
application for many of our other Trustbridge events! Please call (561) 227-5138 and ask for the
Volunteer Department to get started!
15. Our family member died yesterday/a week/a month/2 months or so ago. We’d like our child to be able to be at Camp Good Grief 2020.
Answer: Camp Good Grief is open to children who have experienced the death of a loved one 3 or
more months ago. For more recent losses, we encourage you to contact our Bereavement
Department at 888 499 8393 to schedule individual counseling.
16. Our family is in mourning, not due to a death, but due to coping with divorce, difficult times, community tragedies, other tragedies or crises. Would our child/children be able to attend this grief camp?
Answer: Our bereavement programs are dedicated to providing grief support to children and
adults who have experienced the death of a loved one. For other losses, we encourage you to call
the 211 Helpline to identify resources in your area.
17. I have more than one child I’d like to send to Camp Good Grief 2020. Can I just fill out one application and add all of their names?
Answer: We require a signed, completed and individual application for each camper.
18. I do not have legal custody of a child I’d like to send to Camp Good Grief 2020. What do I do?
Answer: We will attempt to help you navigate this process. If you have a DCF Case Manager
assisting you, they will be able to help you obtain the ability to “sign” an application for the child.
19. We have had someone die in our family, but…they did not receive Trustbridge Hospice
services or medical care. Are we allowed to send our child to Camp Good Grief 2020?
Answer: We welcome all children across Palm Beach County and Broward County that have
experienced the death of a loved one greater than 3 months ago.
20. I have specific questions that I would like to ask the Camp Good Grief 2020 staff. How do I reach them?
Answer: Kellie Kintz, LCSW, our Bereavement Children’s Program Coordinator welcomes your
questions via email at email@example.com or via cell at 561 702 7121. Email is the easiest and
fastest way to reach her.
21. What is your fax number?
Answer: The Trustbridge Bereavement Department fax number is 561 273 2267.
22. Am I able to find information about your camps or other events on social media?
Answer: Please ”Follow Us” and “Like Us” at https://www.facebook.com/trustbridgehealth
Feel free to email us any photos you take at any of our events, with a signed photo release, for
Please sign up at 888 499 8393 to receive our current and future mailings/emailings now!