Camp Stingray 2019 - FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the dates for Camp Stingray 2019?
Answer: Camp Stingray 2019 will be held Monday, July 22, 2019, through Friday, July 26, 2019.
2. What is the location for Camp Stingray 2019?
Answer: Camp Stingray 2019 will be held at the Therapeutic Recreation Center at 2728 Lake Worth Road, Lake Worth, Florida.
3. What are the times for Camp Stingray 2019?
Answer: Monday-Friday: Parent Drop Off is promptly at 9:00 am. Monday-Thursday: Parent Pick-up is promptly at 4:00 pm. Friday: Parent pick up is promptly at 3:00 pm.
4. Are there any exceptions made to the drop-off/pick up times?
Answer: As our goal is to provide a safe, secure and fun-filled camp for your child, we have sign-in/sign out measures in place to ensure this safety. There are no exceptions made to the drop-off/pick up times so that we can ensure the safety of all campers.
5. Where can I obtain an application for Camp Stingray 2019?
Answer: Call the Trustbridge Bereavement Department at 888-499-8393 to request an application. The application can also be downloaded from the following web pages:
6. What is the deadline to submit a completed application for Camp Stingray 2019?
Answer: The deadline is July 1, 2019. Any applications received after July 1, 2019, will be added to our Waiting List.
7. Is there anything, in particular, I need to include in the Camp Stingray 2019 application?
Answer: Please answer each application question fully so that we are completely informed and able to assess your child’s needs. If an item does not apply to your child, please write “N/A” or “does not apply.” Incomplete applications will be added to the Waiting List until they are complete. *Please include a current photo of your child. Clearly identified photos may be emailed to Kellie Kintz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. What are the age limits for children to apply to Camp Stingray 2019?
Answer: We welcome children ages 5-10 years old by the date of Camp Stingray 2019, rising to grades Kindergarten through 5th grade only, to apply to participate in Camp Stingray 2019.
9. My child will be 11 years old soon (or be 5 years old in the fall, etc.). Can he/she apply for Camp Stingray 2019?
Answer: As this camp’s focus is on meeting the specific developmental needs of this age group, we will not make any exceptions to this age limit. We encourage parents of older children to call 888-499-8393 for information on our other children’s bereavement programs.
10. Is transportation provided to and from Camp Stingray 2019?
Answer: Parents/Guardians are responsible for providing transportation to and from Camp Stingray each day. All adults will be asked to show legal identification when picking up their child.
11. Do I need to pack lunch and snacks for my child while at Camp Stingray 2019?
Answer: Lunch, snacks, and drinks will be provided to your child throughout the day. *Please plan to pack a lunch and snacks if your child’s dietary restrictions will require it.
12. What else do I need to pack for Camp Stingray 2019?
Answer: The full list of recommended/required supplies are on page number 6 of the Camp Stingray 2019 application.
13. What are the qualifications of the Staff and volunteers who will be working with my child at Camp Stingray 2019?
Answer: Trustbridge Bereavement Staff interacting with your child at Camp Stingray 2019 are all licensed mental health professionals, or master’s level clinicians working towards licensure. All staff members have multiple years of experience working with adults and children who have experienced the death of a loved one.
All staff and volunteers have undergone a Level 2 State and Federal Background Check.
Volunteers receive formal training regarding death & dying and grief-related issues as well as instruction on grief issues related to children.
14. I’d like to volunteer at Camp Stingray 2019 while my kids are there. It sounds neat!
Answer: To encourage your child’s full participation in the camp, we are unable to allow parents/family members of campers to Volunteer at camp. We do welcome your Volunteer application for many of our other Trustbridge events! Please call 561-848-5200 and ask for the Volunteer Department to get started!
15. Our family member died yesterday/ a week/a month/2 months or so ago. We’d like our child to be able to be at Camp Stingray 2019 this year.
Answer: Camp Stingray is open to children who have experienced the death of a loved one 3 or more months ago. For more recent losses, we encourage you to contact our Bereavement Department at 888-499-8393 to schedule individual counseling.
16. Our family is in mourning, not due to a death, but due to coping with divorce, difficult times, community tragedies, other tragedies or crises. Would our child/children be able to attend this grief camp?
Answer: Our bereavement programs are dedicated to providing grief support to children and adults who have experienced the death of a loved one. For other losses, we encourage you to call the 211 Helpline to identify resources in your area.
17. I have more than one child I’d like to send to Camp Stingray 2019. Can I just fill out one application and add all of their names?
Answer: We require a signed, completed and individual application for each camper.
18. I do not have legal custody of a child I’d like to send to Camp Stingray 2019. What do I do?
Answer: We will attempt to help you navigate this process. If you have a DCF Case Manager assisting you, they will be able to help you obtain the ability to “sign” an application for the child.
19. We have had someone die in our family, but…they did not receive Trustbridge Hospice services or medical care. Are we allowed to send our child to Camp Stingray 2019?
Answer: We welcome all children across Palm Beach County and Broward County that have experienced the death of a loved one greater than 3 months ago.
20. I have specific questions that I would like to ask the Camp Stingray staff. How do I reach them?
Answer: Kellie Kintz, LCSW, our Bereavement Children’s Program Coordinator welcomes your questions via email at email@example.com or via cell at 561-702-7121. Email is the easiest and fastest way to reach her.
21. What is your fax number?
Answer: The Trustbridge Bereavement Department's fax number is 561-273-2267.
22. Am I able to find information about your camps or other events on social media?
Answer: Please ”Like Us” and “Follow Us” at www.facebook.com/trustbridgehealth
Feel free to email us any photos you take at any of our events, with a signed photo release, for possible posting.
Please sign up at 888-499-8393 to receive our current and future mailings/emailing now!