Thank you for all that you do to support our patients, families, clients and staff. A belated Happy New Year to you and your families. We wish you a year filled with good health, happines and joy. We want to make our site a good place for you to visit to keep up to date with latest happenings around Trustbridge and Volunteer Services. Please visit the site often as we will be sharing information more frequently on what is happening in the volunteer department and the organization. Feel free to send us your suggestions on what you would like to see and learn from the site.
Accomplishments from 2017...
- We had 974 dedicated volunteers who contributed 80,000 hours of their time. This is valued at $2M and the equivalent of 40 full time employess - none of whom took any days off.
- Patient visiting volunteers made 16,000 visits in patients' homes, nursing homes, assisted living facilities and our 9 Care Centers - 45,000 hours' worth.
- Administrative volunteers supported our 5 regional offices with 12,000+ hours.
- Resale kept the three stores in operation through their 23,000 hours.
- Our spryest volunteer celebrated her 100th birthday this year. The average age for our volunteers is 61 and represent all ages from 16 up.
- As a group, the active volunteers collectively have 3,000 years of service.
- What a year it has been and we truly appreciate you!
REMINDER: Visit reports are crucial and I ask that you complete them and provide the information as soon after your visit as you can. Volunteer services is part of the patient’s plan of care and we are required to document the visits. We also need to be able to record your time to meet our 5% requirement for hours, per Medicare. If you are unable to make a visit, we need a report stating that and why. We ask that you offer a replacement to the patient/family and if they decline, to note that as well. Again, please email your coordinator with that information.
LAST BUT NOT LEAST...
We need MORE of you!!!! We are going to launch an Employee Volunteer Recruitment program to solicit the help of our staff either as volunteers or to bring in their friends, families, neighbors to volunteers. We ask that you do the same for us. Talk to those you know to see if they too might like to volunteer. We need people to make phone calls, help in the offices and resale shops and visit patients in all of our inpatient units and patients in their homes, skilled nursing or assisted living facilities. Help us spread the word.Thank you so much!
Please feel free to call me if you have any questions or suggestions. You can email me or call 561-227-5145. Again, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for all that you do!